The ball screw is an ideal product to transform rotational motion to linear motion or vice versa. The ball screw driving consists of a ball screw and a ball nut with recirculating ball bearings. When ball screw driving is rotation, the ball nut will be transformed into the straight line according to the rotation angle of the screw, then the corresponding linear motion could be realized with the low friction. When ball screw is driving, ball bearings have two types of circulating methods: external and internal cycles, and according to steel balls’ circulating methods, ball nuts can be divided into return-pipe type, deflector type and end cap type. Different types of nuts could suit for different models. So ball screws are the widely used driving element in tools and precision machinery.
Ball screw driving is operated by a lot of steel ball screw nut housing, so it can get a higher efficiency, and the driving torque is less than a third of the past sliding screw, so it’s very helpful at saving power.
Ball screw is produced by the highest level of mechanical equipment in the world. Especially in precision machining, grinding, assembling and inspecting, the temperature and humidity of the factory environment are strictly controlled, so the precision can be fully guaranteed due to the perfect quality management system.
The ball screw pair is used for ball bearing, so start torque is very small, there will not be sliding motion. So, it can guarantee to achieve accurate microfeed.
Because of high motion efficiency and low heat, ball screw could achieve high-speed feeding motion.
·No gap and high rigidity
Ball screw pair can be added preload, then the axial clearance will be negative due to preload, and then ball screw can get better rigidity
·Unlocked and transmission reversibility
General speaking, ball screw driving suits for all automation equipment, specific applicable machines are as follows:
1) 3D printers, stepper motor etc.
2) Industrial machinery printing, packing machine, paper-processing, automatic machines, textiles, Z-Axis for processing machine, etc.
3) CNC machine, electronic machinery robot, circuit board puncher, measuring instruments, medical equipment, rubber machinery, X-Y table, welding machine, factory automation equipment, etc.
4) Transport machinery material handling equipment, tool switching equipment, nuclear reactor actuator, etc.
5) Aircraft applications: aircraft flaps, actuators, airport loading equipment, etc.