In the past, our factory were not willing to explore the area of silicone lipstick molds for silicone’s low rigidity and the high production cost. However the practical improvement and use of silicone impel us to reevaluate and research this material.
Before introducing our new product—silicone lipstick molds, we would like to make a comprehensive introduction about silicones firstly.
Silicones are polymers that include any inert, synthetic compound made up of repeating units of siloxane, which is a chain of alternating silicon atoms and oxygen atoms. They exhibit many useful characteristics, including:
- Low thermal conductivity, chemical reactivityand toxicity
- Stretching resistance, heat resistance and high deformation tolerance
- Thermal stability (constancy of properties over a wide temperature range of −100 to 250 °C).
- The ability to repel water and form watertight seals.
- Resistance to oxygen, ozone, and ultraviolet (UV) light. This property has led to widespread use of silicones in the construction industry (e.g. coatings, fire protection, glazing seals) and the automotive industry (external gaskets, external trim).
Our silicone lipstick mold kit is made up of three parts: ring, mould, holder.
To guarantee health and safety, the top medical silicone is chosen to make the mould, which is also applied to baby’s nipples. Considering of its relatively lower rigidity comparing with aluminum mold, the ring of the mold is specially made in aluminum. The holder, bearing the design of arch, is made of strong plastic.
So this new product, combined with aluminum, silicone and plastic, is rather confident in durability and practicability.
In addition to the advantages mentioned above, lipsticks made by silicone lipstick molds also have regular shape and bright color. As long as appropriate operation, they are able to get the same effect as aluminum mold’s finished products regarding to shape and gloss.
But how to make lipsticks with a silicone lipstick mold? Here is an instruction:
- Assemble the mold kit in order. Fit the smaller side of the ring in the silicone mould, making the inside of the two overlapped and aligned. Then insert the two parts in the hole of the holder steadily.
- Let q-tips dip in vegetable oil, then use q-tips topaint the inside of the ring and mould a coat of oil evenly for easy demoulding.
- Pour the mixture liquid into the mould to the top level.
- Put the kit in the fridge for about 10 minutes till it is cooling and becoming solidification.
- After taking shape, remove the ring gently and a length of lipstick can be seen.
- Upside down the empty lipstick tube, and fill the lipstick into tube.Then swing out the tube gently and slowly until it separates from the mould.