Pharmacy manufacturing is a very strict and meticulous process. Anyone who intends to start his pharmaceutical business must have a very versed understanding of pharmaceutical process. And he must have a clear plan for the raw material collecting, pharmacy manufacturing, and finished product packaging. In this article, we will take tablet manufacturing for example, to analyze 5 points the pharma beginners should take care of.
■ Configuration of Production line
As we all clear about that the tablet manufacturing is a complicated and hassled process which starts from the raw material preparing. The qualified materials would suffer a series of treatment, like drying, screening, vibrating, filling, etc. And each treatment should be completed with the help of pharmaceutical machines like drying machine, screening machine, vibro, pulverizer, mixing machine, etc. And the materials should be filled according to the accredited formula with active ingredients and excipients. Excipients are the auxilary ingredients like binders, fillers, flow agent, and lubricants, all of which are conducive to shape the tablets and reduce surface defects.
After the materials are well prepared, we will come to the tablet making course. Then we count on the tablet press machine. And to ensure the quality of tablets, the tablet testing equipment is thus emerged, like tablet dissolution testers, friability and abrasion testers, hardness testers, combination testers, suppository testers, granulate testers. Then the qualified tablets should be packed through the machines of counting, sealing, packaging. Though it will be a big investment, a mature and professional pharma should own such machines and equipment, and the return is handsome anyway.
■ Options of Tablet Press
Based on the motor, handheld pill press and auto tablet press are thus categorized.
And judged from the stations of punch molds, we have single punch tablet press and rotary tablet press. The former one is suitable for small batch production and lab experiment, while the latter on is often for bulk production and the big pharma are zealous for.
For the rotary tablet press, we generalized them as medium-speed rotary tablet press ZP35 and high-speed rotary tablet press on the basis of running speed.
In the selecting process, we should grasp main parameters of each type of tablet press, and take the limitation of production capacity, tablet size, tablet shape into consideration. And choose the suitable one according to our own condition. It is quite necessary to consult the vendor before purchasing.
■ Functional Components of Tablet Press
- Hopper and feeder -It’s the feeding system that the hopper holds the granules/powder mixture (API plus excipients) that are to be compressed into tablet.And the feeder helps to force the feed/ the granules into the dies especially during faster rotation.
- Punches and dies – This is where the powder granules is compressed into tablets and it determinesthe diameter and size of the tablet, and the thickness to some extent.
- Compression rollers – Compose precompression roller and main compression roller. The former one gives the granules an initial compression force to get rid of excess air that might be entrapped in the die, while the latter one applies the final compression force needed for the formation of tablet.
- Cam tracks – It guides the movement of both upper and lower punches. And the lower cam track is to guide the lower punches during the filling stage so that the die bore is over filled to allow accurate adjustment.
- Filling depth control – This adjusts the lower punch track during the latter part of the fill stage to ensure that the appropriate quantity of granules remains within the die prior to compression.
- Ejection cam– Guides the lower punch upwards facilitating the ejection of tablet from the die cavity after compression.
- Take-off Blade – This is fitted in front of the feeder housing and it deflects the tablet down the discharge chute.
- Discharge chute – This is where the tablet passes through for collection after being deflected by the take-off blade.
■ Options of Punch Molds
Punch mold is also referred as tablet mold, compression mold, tablet tools, or punches and dies. A station of punch mold is composed of a upper punch, a lower punch and a middle die. Inset the dies on the turret, the tablets are shaped with the punches upwards and downwards, and the shape, size, and stamp of which is totally corresponding to the molds.
Special requirement on the mold, such as material, size, stamp, shape, can be met by customization. Offer CAD drawing or sample to us, we can help manufacture molds according to your requirements.
■ Wide Applications of Tablet Press
A tablet press is a mechanical device that compress es powder into tablets of uniform, size and weight. Therefore any tablets made by powder can be completed on the tablet press. The tablets can be food, candies, western medicine, herb medicine, effervescence, supplements, etc, widely applied in pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetic, food, health-care, daily-chemical, metallurgical industries.Loading Likes...